These CORE values shape who we are
and how we do things:
1) God is on a Mission; we must discover what God is doing and get involved.
2) We can't "go to church;" followers of Christ are the Church.
1 Peter 2:4-10
3) Worship is not an event; it is a lifestyle of loving and serving God.
4) Ministry is not a program; it is people serving God by serving others.
1 Peter 4:10-11
5) Pastors are not "the ministers;" they are servants who create environments where all God’s people are equipped and encouraged to serve. Ephesians 4:11-13
6) Our ethnic diversity represents the fullness of God in humanity
and strengthens our ability to reach our community and world. Acts 13:1-3
7) The application of biblical truth brings life transformation and
occurs best in the context of smaller groups and serving others. 2 Timothy 3:14-17
8) Simple organizational structures allow the flexibility to be most effective in God's mission. Acts 2:42-47
9) Loving and living like Christ is not easy; it is essential for our relationship with Christ that we view and interact with people who are overlooked and ignored.
The CMA Core Values (and ours too)
1) Lost people matter to God. He wants them to be found. Luke 19:10
2) Prayer is the primary work of the people of God. Philippians 4:6-7
3) Everything we have belongs to God. We are only stewards. 1 Chronicles 29:14
4) Knowing and obeying God’s Word is fundamental to all true success.
5) Completing God's Mission requires mobilizing every fully devoted disciple.
6) Without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we can accomplish nothing.
1 Corinthians 2:4-5
7) Achieving God’s purposes involves taking faith-filled risks; this always involves change. Hebrews 11:6